Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feeling the blues!

Lately, there have been a sequence of events that have happened which lead me to feel pretty down. Add to which the stress of uni life is hitting me and unfortunately ive been unable to handle it well. I guess it is hard to concentrate when there is something constantly bugging you and not resolved. This was a couple of days ago and i do feel a lot better and its save to say that the moment of "blues" has passed and hopefully never return. I have been meaning to blog about it during that phase, however it was hard for me to just sit and blog about it.I'm also not the type of person who blogs about her emotions publicly and stuff.


Anyways the need to get a couple of things off my mind has brought me to write this post. Friendship plays an important role in my life. Since young, somehow i have been very attach to my friends. Its hard for me to get attach but i guess once Ive actually known a person and attached, its hard to let go. Mum used to be worried about this and did advice me to get my priority straight.. * she still does i think*. I have been through my fair share of ups and downs with friends, all those fights, and lies and pain! but if you are able to get through all that and still continue being friends..that's what you call TRUE FRIENDSHIP!..so i guess i can say that i know who my true friends are.


Throughout the schooling phase, its a norm for one to have many different friends, only a small number people will be a constant. In my case, i've been friends with T *names are classified* for about 12 years, S for most of my life since we are related *hehe* and R since standard 6. These are a few of my good friends till today. They are my school and childhood friends. Then there are my college friends and the people i got to know during my high school days and since then we've become very close. Theres J & P whom i know for about 4 years, D since college, my classmates in taylors, buddies in adelaide. Ive bonded with them and truly enjoy their company.

Then there are your really close friends, people whom you spend most of your time hanging out with, going for movies, and just talking to when your low. In my books, well the number of people are very very very limited!.i have to partially blame myself, after all..I'm pretty much secretive and not really open. What is my reasoning to this?? well there isn't really a reason...i only talk or confide in one or 2 particular person.. but my question is what if you lose that person or you cant confide in that person anymore, what is your next move??..

Being an emotional person as well, i do not like being in that position. So at the end of the day i guess being too attached does not really benefit me. Although going through these situations has changed me and helped me to become less dependent. However i do miss having that particular person. I have come across many people who say not all friendships will last, and your close friends will not always be the same etc etc. I refuse to believe them when they said it, and even though I'm going through problems i still will not agree with those people. To me, i will try to do whatever it takes on my path to maintain my bond with my close friends, but if they choose to let go..well then there's nothing much you can do about it.

What Ive learnt is that, throughout your entire life, you will befriend different types of people, not all of them will be good for you, there will be the *bitchy ones* and the ones who try to do harm on you and sometimes the people you care will also do things to hurt you *unknowingly*. ... whatever it is, they will definitely leave a mark, the important thing is to learn and move past it. The bad scars will eventually heal. By moving past it, i only better myself.

On a better note, I'm thankful for having friends who care and try to help me in whatever way they can. Although there are those who are overseas and there are some who are leaving, i know they are worth the trouble.

-XOXO-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes people dont wanna leave. They hold on to it tighter than you think they do.. sometimes the clock stops when you think its still ticking, sometimes you just need to stop for a little while more..and take a closer look, it may not be as far as you think it is..