Saturday, July 26, 2008

Reflection

Saturday 11.15pm :

Playing monopoly with myself *sigh*..some might find it kinda pathetic *hint hint prakky*..well i have to admit at time, i myself find it pathetic but i cant deny the fact that it actually helps me get over the boredom. As i sit here, playing with monopoly against my computer and getting frustrated *i keep going to jail, argh!*..i find myself reflecting back on my first week of uni and most of my day. ..lets start with How my week went!

One would definately expect the first week of uni to be a bit relaxing, getting your timetable, going for introductory classes..getting used to new med and dental subjects * microbio & tooth morphology*..at least that was what i expected it to be. I was quite wrong!!.. I did not expect to see a packed 9-6 timetable, and basicly everyday was just exhausting. I not only had classes but i had to do my pbl research and then dental mms preparation! *sigh*..i really do miss my 1st sem timetable and my afternoon naps!!!...i know IMU is trying to help us become better dentist and whatnots..but i really dont get why we have to attend certain classes, PBL and especially CSU!..

How on earth does CSU actually relate to US *dental students*!!..NO were not going to be taking LONG medical history, or pulses..i have to agree that learning how to take blood pressure or pulse is extra information and beneficial..but after having so much to do already..i find it a waste of time. We tend to not learn anything, eventhough we still have to attend classes for the sake of attendance! *frustration*..However, i have to applaud the dental staff and lecturers for making our first week of dentistry quite interesting. learning about comparative anatomy and museum session was actually FUN!! minus the fact that we have to do an assignment on HOMINIDS a.k.a cave men!

Moving on from all the stressful and frustrating topics, among the good things which happened during the week was....

a) we actually got our dental tools *woohoo*. it looks really cute, it comes in this blue colour tool box *pics will be updated asap*..and when you open it..it looks like an art box. this Renfert tool thingy cost RM800!!!! ...

b) we collected our free gift tooth model *pics will be updated asap*..its not the real thing, but because we paid RM875 for it, i guess they decided to give us a free mini version of the teeth..how kind of them..the REAL stuff is suppose to come during the 1st week of august.

c) i went for my 2nd cheerleading class.. YES yes!!! PREMI actually joined cheerleading, im pretty amazed myself. How did it start you might ask??. well it was all because of my friend Izzi who pushed me to attend the practice session despite me telling her that i had NO clue about cheerleading, and im a BUM!!!!.....my housemate tallan thought i would never go for it..well she was definately suprised the day i went for my first practice.. I guess i have to give myself credit for giving it a try *pats herself on the back*....anyways, after the 1st class i actually enjoyed it.....

When 2nd sem started, i had doubts of actually continuing it because of my hectic schedule.Tallan also thought that i would quit, well i guess not. i told myself to actually stick to something and go ahead....so YES. i still am in cheerleading!!

So that was basicly what happened from Monday till Friday, every weekend i come back home to klang. This weekend i had to babysit my younger sis as my parents were out of town!.. i wasnt to please about babysitting..but i really didnt have much of a choice * Big Sister Responsibilities*....Hence there was lots of driving around and staying at home to make sure everything was alright.. nothing exciting!!

I missed my Dental Picnic thingy in Klcc park because of it as well..*hmm*. i did not get much studying done as well, which was frustrating. I cant really explain why im in this weird mood. Its complicated. Somehow the weekend passes by so quickly, and then were back to monday.im already feeling the monday blues....

11.48 pm : well its time for me to go to sleep, i hope to get some work done tomorrow before heading back to bukit jalil.

-xoxo-

No comments: